Author Topic: Game 81: Penguins (50-19-11) @ Maple Leafs (39-26-15): Saturday 04/08/2017  (Read 111 times)

Offline Leafer4Life

• Outstanding Member
  • Promoter
  • GO LEAFS GO
    • My Facebook Page
@

Date: Saturday, April 8th, 2017
Time: 7:00 PM EDT
Television: NHLN-US, CBC & ROOT

Toronto Welcomes The Penguins On The Last Regular Season Hockey Night In Canada
The Leafs Have One Job
by KatyaKnappe Apr 8, 2017, 10:17am EDT

PENGUINS (50-19-11) at MAPLE LEAFS (39-26-15)

There is one goal for the Leafs, one outcome needed. A win. Two points. Any way is fine: 11-0 or a scoreless tie decided in a shootout. Anything in between is fine too. Thats all this game is about.

One point is okay, that helps, its good, better than nothing. Nothing is not a disaster, but its not what anyone wants to see.

The Penguins cant catch the Capitals and the Blue Jackets cant catch the Penguins. They have nothing on the line but preparation and pride.

Lineups:

Toronto Maple Leafs:

Lineups are carved in stone again. No changes expected.

Forward Lines:

Zach Hyman - Auston Matthews - William Nylander

James van Riemsdyk - Tyler Bozak - Mitch Marner

Leo Komarov - Nazem Kadri - Connor Brown

Matt Martin - Brian Boyle - Kasperi Kapanen

Defence Pairings:

Morgan Rielly - Connor Carrick

Jake Gardiner - Nikita Zaitsev

Matt Hunwick - Roman Polak

Goaltenders:

Frederik Andersen

Curtis McElhinney

Pittsburgh Penguins:

There is a long list of missing players headed by Kris Letang and Evgeni Malkin and moving on to Carl Hagelin and Chris Kunitz.

This is from their last game via shiftchart.com:

Forward Lines:

Jake Guentzel - Sidney Crosby - Conor Sheary

Tom Kuhnhackl - Matt Cullen - Patric Hornqvist

Bryan Rust - Nick Bonino - Phil Kessel

Scott Wilson - Carter Rowney - Josh Archibald

Defence Pairings:

Brian Dumoulin - Trevor Daley

Justin Schultz - Ian Cole

Chad Ruhwedel - Ron Hainsey

Goaltenders:

Matt Murray

Marc-Andr Fleury

Lines subject to update, and there is no official word yet on who is in goal for the Penguins.

Jason Mackey:

@JMackeyPG

Great stat from Penguins game notes this morning. Team is 12-4-3 in its past 19 despite averaging 6.8 man-games lost to injury per contest.

Great stat is in the eye of the beholder. The Penguins are all broken, and they still win. Lovely.

Forget that. Just win, Leafs. Just win.

Update #1:

Jason Mackey

@JMackeyPG

Penguins have recalled Kevin Porter and Tristan Jarry from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Looks like somebody's resting.

Chris Johnston

@reporterchris

Mike Babcock: "I think you should win your way in."

What a good idea. In case you missed the Twitter drama, Nazem Kadri missed morning skate for an undisclosed reason and was replaced with OMG! Ben Smith. Babcock has confirmed Kadri is playing.

Jason Mackey

@JMackeyPG

Evgeni Malkin on the ice for Pens morning skate in Toronto.

This is his first skate with the team in a while. The callups speak against him actually playing however.

UPDATED:

Penguins lines.

Jason Mackey

@JMackeyPG

Penguins forwards:
Guentzel-Crosby-Sheary
Kuhnhackl-Cullen-Kessel
Simon-Bonino-Sestito
Wilson-Rowney-Archibald
* No 71
** Rest for 17, 72?

Jason Mackey

@JMackeyPG

Penguins defense:
Dumoulin-Maatta
Cole-Daley
Hainsey-Schultz
Streit-Gaunce

There is no Matt Murray at morning skate, per reports, and one of those callups is a goalie, so I think we can assume Fleury starts.

:glg: :glg: :glg:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 01:33:28 PM by Leafer4Life »

Offline Gerard P

• Senior Leaf
This day is taking forever to get here but I believe it will be worth it!! Been wearing my original jersey since I got up!!

Offline Rayzer

• Jr. Bud
The Maple Leafs have made me a very happy man. All their hard work this year has paid off. I am very excited about the playoffs   GO LEAFS GO

Offline NAFFAEL

• Founder
  • Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.
    • TML Fever "Come Catch The Fever TML Style"
The Maple Leafs have made me a very happy man. All their hard work this year has paid off. I am very excited about the playoffs   GO LEAFS GO

I think we are all very, very happy....  :glg:

Now I hope everything is OK with Andersen.... :xfing :xfing :xfing
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 11:19:57 PM by NAFFAEL »

These walls honour the 13 Stanley Cup winning teams. Remembering them with pride. They showed the way. They built the tradition we strive to uphold and build on today. ...unknown

"Every time you wake up, ask yourself, "What good am I going to do today?", remember that when the sun goes down at sunset, it will take a part of your life with it." ...Native American Proverb

The individual activity of one man with backbone will do more than a thousand men with a mere wishbone. ...William J. H. Boetcker

Offline bleedinblue

• Forum GoD!!!!!
  • Moderator Of The Year
  • I Bleed Blue and White!!!!
I'm happy but at the same time a little worried about Anderson. Hopefully he's not out for any significant amount of time. I haven't heard anything about him yet

Offline NAFFAEL

• Founder
  • Commissioner
  • Administrator
Nikita Zaitsev takes Auston Matthews' pass and makes a slick feed across to Kasperi Kapanen, who ties the game late with his first NHL goal

Connor Brown perfectly redirects Jake Gardiner's shot into the upper part of the net, giving the Maple Leafs a 4-3 lead late in the 3rd period

Auston Matthews gains center ice and lofts a shot into the empty net, sealing the Maple Leafs' win and their first playoff berth in four years

« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 11:48:21 PM by NAFFAEL »

These walls honour the 13 Stanley Cup winning teams. Remembering them with pride. They showed the way. They built the tradition we strive to uphold and build on today. ...unknown

"Every time you wake up, ask yourself, "What good am I going to do today?", remember that when the sun goes down at sunset, it will take a part of your life with it." ...Native American Proverb

The individual activity of one man with backbone will do more than a thousand men with a mere wishbone. ...William J. H. Boetcker

Offline NAFFAEL

• Founder
  • Commissioner
  • Administrator
Now if we could win tomorrow night against CBJ (6 p.m. start don't forget) I'd rather play the Senators then the Caps.....

Offline Gerard P

• Senior Leaf
That deflect by Brown was off the charts but dont forget it was Kadri in front screening. Otherwise its an easy save from that far out. This group has learned the mental toughness of playing late into games and much of that credit goes to Babs and his staff. He has preached confidence/calmness that ive never seen in a coach esp for one who is in such a media storm 24/7. Cant wait till this summer when Matthews is named captain.

Oh, and the kicker was 34 getting his 40th....Laine who?? lol

Offline NAFFAEL

• Founder
  • Commissioner
  • Administrator
Actually the biggest goal for me (besides the winning goal by Brown) was the JVR goal, if he doesn't score that quickly after that Kessel goal it might have been a totally different game

Offline Leafer4Life

• Outstanding Member
  • Promoter
  • GO LEAFS GO
    • My Facebook Page
Now if we could win tomorrow night against CBJ (6 p.m. start don't forget) I'd rather play the Senators then the Caps.....

Me too! We'd have a tough time of it with Washington. Besides, it would be great to see the battle of Ontario again back in playoff action!

Offline NAFFAEL

• Founder
  • Commissioner
  • Administrator
Me too! We'd have a tough time of it with Washington. Besides, it would be great to see the battle of Ontario again back in playoff action!

We might not see Montreal but it sure would be sweet to take Ottawa out..... ummmmm ummmmm sweet.

Offline Gerard P

• Senior Leaf
And heres that intro again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7vvjEVjiPM

Hockey Night In Canada Opening- Living On A Prayer

« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 10:11:28 PM by NAFFAEL »

Offline Mashy

• All Star Bud
  • Mashy's Leafs Games - W3 L1 OT1
    • Twitter @JamieDFC
Fantastic win, our Leafs like to do things in dramatic style! I somehow celebrated the game winning goal without waking up my wife and daughter upstairs (it was 2:50am over here)! Bring on the Caps! #GoLeafsGo  :glg: :glg: :glg: :glg: :glg:

The Evolution Of The Toronto Maple Leafs Logo

The Evolution Of The Toronto Maple Leafs Jersey

Toronto Maple Leafs Jersey History

A Proud Franchise With Strong Tradition And Rich History

13 Stanley Cups

The Toronto Maple Leafs have an incredibly rich history and are arguably the most storied franchise in all of hockey. While the tradition runs deep with 13 Stanley Cups, the last of which came in 1967, the organization was considered a dynasty in the 1940's and 1960's only to be followed by five long decades of drought that began with the Ballard years up until the present day. While a resurgence through the Pat Burns teams of the 1990's and Pat Quinn in the early 2000's brought some respectability back to the organization despite still falling short, the patience of every Leafs fan is at an all time high. And yet an undying support with fierce loyalty for the Blue and White also remains. With the arrival of Brendan Shanahan, Lou Lamoriello and Mike Babcock, Leafs Nation remains cautiously optimistic that our beloved Buds have finally turned the corner to put Canada's Team back on the map.

Legends Row

Legends Row
Legends Row is a tribute to those great men that Leafs Nation was built on, and a shrine dedicated to preserving their legacy.

NHL Sites And Toronto Maple Leafs Affiliates

BCE NHL.com NHL Alumni, Hockey's Greatest Family NHL Players Association Hockey Hall Of Fame Hockey Night In Canada Rogers Hockey Canada Air Canada Center Toronto Marlies Orlando Solar Bears Officials Association The Kilmer Group

Dedicated Members Who Freely Contribute Their Time To Make This Site Special

Founder / Commissioner Administrator Moderator Moderator of the Year Historian Promoter Outstanding Member Member of the Year Trivia King Honoured Member
NAFFAEL NAFFAEL
Rubens
Leafer4Life bleedinblue charette B_Wforever
capncrunch44
Leafer4Life
B_Wforever
caper
capncrunch44
charette
Leafer
Leafer4Life
sergio sergio Oldiesmann

Paid Advertisers

Advertise here to help keep this forum FREE. For more info contact us by e-mail
Toronto Sports Talk Leafs History Corum Mobile TML Boycott.com SeatHunter.net

Advertise Your Logo Here To Help Keep This Forum Free For All To Enjoy!

Disclaimer

This site is maintained and made available for fan enjoyment and historical purposes and is not recognized, approved, sponsored or endorsed by the Toronto Maple Leafs or the National Hockey League. The Toronto Maple Leafs, Maple Leafs and associated logo marks, the NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup, and NHL Conference logos are registered trade-marks of MLSE and/or the National Hockey League. All NHL member club logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted on this Web site are the property of the respective NHL member clubs. All other logos and trademarks on this site are property of TNTDomains/TMLForum.com unless otherwise noted. Any advertising revenue or donations received by TMLForum.com go directly towards the costs of running this website and it is not intended as a for-profit venture. For all current logos, and images which many certainly have been copyrighted, we use the logos and images under the blanket of "fair use". There should be no trademark violations because we are not selling any products associated with any of the logos displayed, designed or replicated on this site whatsoever.

Terms of Service and the Code Of Conduct

PageRank Checker

Contact Us

Go to top of page
Go to top of page