Author Topic: Player Salaries:  (Read 15459 times)

Offline Linda

• Jr. Bud
  • O6M
  • Original "6" Member
Player Salaries:
« on: June 14, 2004, 11:38:03 PM »
Just wanted to get eveyone's view on this matter. ???
« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 11:41:02 PM by Linda »

Offline tony

• Rookie Bud
  • Talk, Talk, Talk. Original "6" Member
Re: Player Salaries:
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 12:06:51 AM »
Here are the actual salaries for the leafs... :o

Aki Berg ................$1,400,000.00
Alexander Mogilny ...$5,500,000.00
Alexei Ponikarovsky $522,500.00
Brian Leetch .........$6,600,000.00
Bryan Marchment ....$2,000,000.00
Bryan McCabe .........$5,500,000.00
Calle Johansson ......$
Chad Kilger ............$800,000.00
Darcy Tucker .........$1,600,000.00
Drake Berehowsky ..$450,000.00
Ed Belfour ..............$7,000,000.00
Gary Roberts ...........$2,200,000.00
Joe Nieuwendyk ......$2,000,000.00
Karel Pilar    ............$450,000.00
Ken Klee .................$1,500,000.00
Mats Sundin ............$9,000,000.00
Matthew Stajan .......$950,000.00
Mikael Renberg ........$2,200,000.00
Nathan Perrott ........$400,000.00
Nik Antropov ............$925,000.00
Owen Nolan .............$6,500,000.00
Robert Reichel ..........$3,250,000.00
Ron Francis ..............$4,453,738.00
Tie Domi   .................$2,000,000.00
Tom Fitzgerald .........$900,000.00
Tomas Kaberle .........$2,750,000.00
Trevor Kidd ..............$650,000.00
Wade Belak .............$850,000.00
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 07:57:29 AM by tony »
"Don't be so preoccupied with the destination, That you forget your journey."

Offline maniac_16

• O6M
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 09:28:22 AM »
Aki Berg gets over a 1,000,000 when Wayne Gretzky in his prime only got 800,000 how fair is that?

Offline Pete

• O6M
  • Original 6 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 12:11:31 PM »
Aki Berg gets over a 1,000,000 when Wayne Gretzky in his prime only got 800,000 how fair is that?
I think I actually mentioned that somewhere else on this site. ;) Good job.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is bunny. Copy bunny into your siginature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline maniac_16

• O6M
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 12:15:37 PM »
o ya that were i heard it :D actually i also read that in one of my hockey books, that Wayne made 800,000

Offline NAFFAEL

• Founder
  • Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • O6M
  • Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.
    • TML Fever "Come Catch The Fever TML Style"
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2004, 03:14:56 PM »
Well I guess something has to be done with the salaries The CBA posted this for earnings by players

Career Gross Earnings # of Players
$10,000,000 or more 203
$20,000,000 or more 86
$30,000,000 or more 49
$40,000,000 or more 34
$50,000,000 or more 23
$60,000,000 or more 7
$70,000,000 or more 3

That's alot of MULA.

B_Wforever

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2004, 04:57:16 PM »
Its not really that the players are over paid, its that there is too many players. Shrink the league and pay the guys who deserve to be in the NHL the current salaries.
The NHL of today is really a combination of the IHL,AHL, and NHL of 10 yrs ago in terms of talent.
I have no problem with a Mats sunding making 6-9mil, but when I guy like Robert Reichel can pull in 3m somethings wrong.

Offline joe_17

• Rookie Bud
  • Go Leafs Go
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2004, 09:51:21 PM »
when you look at the saleries of the entertainers in other sports like basketball and soccer hockey players are basically on welfare in comparison, 20mil a season an such for English Premier League Player in football (soccer) and then bsketball and what did Bryant just sign for? like 15mil a season???? and then baseball theres alex rodriguez who gets ALOT i cant even think of it right now, but sumwheres round 15 a year im thinkin, and then acters get payed PLENTY, so if i was workin in the entertaining bussinss i'd expect to be makin more then 5 mil a year and suck, now im not sayin its good that they all get paid that much, but i can say that thats the way it is, so it should at least be resonable for hockey players to make more then wat they are right now

thats my 2 cents

Offline NAFFAEL

• Founder
  • Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • O6M
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2004, 09:57:35 PM »
Yes I agree. For what hockey players have to do physically they should get paid Much more than Baseball, Basketball, etc. etc.

The problem is that there is no American TV dollars to support this kind of salary in hockey.

The World Poker matches gets more coverage than Hockey in the States. Why do you think ticket prices are so high.

Offline sergio

• Member Of The Year
  • Trivia King
  • I am a Maple Leafs fan
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2004, 10:21:39 PM »
The problem is that there is no American TV dollars to support this kind of salary in hockey.

Not just American,I have about 7 sport channels here in Israel (include ESPN),and they show NHL games once in the while,mostly Detroit,NYR,Philly,Chicago,Boston.
Last year from all Canadians teams they supposed to show one single Leafs game vs Philly,and even that one they cancelled and showed some other game.
Playoff time is a little bit better,but still far from all games,
i have seen just 3 Leafs games last playoffs,1 -against Ottawa and 2 against Philly.Thats all.Rest of the games i follow a Mojo on the net and Play by Play on NHL.com

Shema Yisrael, "Hear O Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is One".
Shema (hear,Hebrew) Toronto Maple Leafs, "Hear O Toronto Maple Leafs, the Lord Stanley is our God, the Lord Stanley is One".

Offline NAFFAEL

• Founder
  • Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • O6M
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2004, 10:29:53 PM »
Sergio, you are what being a fan is all about and the reason why I started this board. I wanted to have a place where dedicated fans can talk about the best team in hockey The Toronto Maple Leafs.

I get goose bumps knowing there are dedicated fans like you. :)

Offline sergio

• Member Of The Year
  • Trivia King
  • I am a Maple Leafs fan
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2004, 11:11:58 PM »
;) Thanks a lot,Admin 1. As i posted before,The Holy Land supports the Holy Team.
By the way, about goose bumps, I have a nick name Goose,My friends call me like that  :)

Shema Yisrael, "Hear O Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is One".
Shema (hear,Hebrew) Toronto Maple Leafs, "Hear O Toronto Maple Leafs, the Lord Stanley is our God, the Lord Stanley is One".

Offline NAFFAEL

• Founder
  • Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • O6M
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2004, 11:19:03 PM »
I'm psychic.  hehehe ;D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2004, 11:22:18 PM by Admin1 »

Offline luvleafs

• Senior Leaf
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2004, 11:54:07 PM »
Silly Goose ;D

Offline caper

• Outstanding Member
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2005, 06:55:37 PM »
Geez these are old posts. :SH

I say they are overpaid.

Online Leafer

• Outstanding Member
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2005, 07:11:30 PM »

I say they are overpaid.
Even now with the new salary cap?
In comparison, they are not overpaid at all. Some owners are going to make tons of money because of the new salary cap...our maple leafs being one of them.
They could turn a profit when they had a payroll of 60+million...now its only half that!

Btw, I know it probably doesnt matter anymore, but A rod made 22 million in 2004 when this thread was created...and he made 26 million last year! Thats 2/3's the NHL's salary cap.

Offline caper

• Outstanding Member
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2005, 07:20:28 PM »

I say they are overpaid.
In comparison, they are not overpaid at all. Some owners are going to make tons of money because of the new salary cap...our maple leafs being one of them.
They could turn a profit when they had a payroll of 60+million...now its only half that!

Btw, I know it probably doesnt matter anymore, but A rod made 22 million in 2004 when this thread was created...and he made 26 million last year! Thats 2/3's the NHL's salary cap.

I know what your saying but when you see what we have to live on,anybody involved in sports are overpaid.

Online Leafer

• Outstanding Member
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2005, 07:41:23 PM »
Well, if thats your argument, what about comparing what you earn to that of somebody in an undeveloped country. When you see what they have t live on, you are over paid.

Offline sportysensleafsfan

• All-Star Leaf
  • hockey.love<3
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2005, 08:06:54 PM »

I say they are overpaid.

I know what your saying but when you see what we have to live on,anybody involved in sports are overpaid.

Checked salaries for pro women athletes lately?

Offline caper

• Outstanding Member
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2005, 08:15:27 PM »
Yeah but Leafer are there sports players making millions in those countries?Although nobody deserves to live the way some of the people in those countries are forced to live.In saying that you don't have to leave Canada to here of people who are poor and can't afford to by food or shelter.We have people like that living right here in our country.

What makes you think a hockey player is entitled to make more money for what he does than me,you or anybody else?

The whole system is screwed up.When somebody chasing around a puck or ball is getting paid more than somebody who is working there tails off while trying to make ends meet.

I'm not sure but it seems I remember debating this with you somewhere else. :SH

Well good arguing with you again but I got to go get ready for work so I can eat this week. :)

« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 08:17:10 PM by caper »

The Evolution Of The Toronto Maple Leafs Logo

Go to top of page
Go to top of page

The Evolution Of The Toronto Maple Leafs Jersey

Toronto Maple Leafs Jersey History

A Proud Franchise And Strong Tradition With Rich History

13 Stanley Cups
The Toronto Maple Leafs have an incredibly rich history and are arguably the most storied franchise in all of hockey. While the tradition runs deep with 13 Stanley Cups, the last of which came in 1967, the organization was considered a dynasty in the 1940's and 1960's only to be followed by five long decades of drought that began with the Ballard years up until the present day. While a resurgence through the Pat Burns teams of the 1990's and Pat Quinn in the early 2000's brought some respectability back to the organization despite still falling short, the patience of every Leafs fan is at an all time high. And yet an undying support with fierce loyalty for the Blue and White also remains. With the arrival of Brendan Shanahan, Lou Lamoriello and Mike Babcock, Leafs Nation remains cautiously optimistic that our beloved Buds have finally turned the corner to put Canada's Team back on the map.

Legends Row

Legends Row
Legends Row is a tribute to those great men that Leafs Nation was built on, and a shrine dedicated to preserving their legacy.

NHL Sites And Toronto Maple Leafs Affiliates

BCE NHL.com NHL Alumni, Hockey's Greatest Family NHL Players Association Hockey Hall Of Fame Hockey Night In Canada Rogers Hockey Canada Air Canada Center Toronto Marlies Orlando Solar Bears Officials Association The Kilmer Group

Dedicated Members Who Freely Contribute Their Time To Make This Site Special

Founder / Commissioner Administrator Moderator Moderator of the Year Historian Promoter Outstanding Member Member of the Year Trivia King Honoured Member
NAFFAEL NAFFAEL
Rubens
Leafer4Life bleedinblue charette B_Wforever
capncrunch44
Leafer4Life
B_Wforever
caper
capncrunch44
charette
Leafer
Leafer4Life
sergio sergio Oldiesmann

Paid Advertisers

Advertise here to help keep this forum FREE. For more info contact us by e-mail
Toronto Sports Talk Leafs History Corum Mobile TML Boycott.com SeatHunter.net

Advertise Your Logo Here To Help Keep This Forum Free For All To Enjoy!

Disclaimer

This site is maintained and made available for fan enjoyment and historical purposes and is not recognized, approved, sponsored or endorsed by the Toronto Maple Leafs or the National Hockey League. The Toronto Maple Leafs, Maple Leafs and associated logo marks, the NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup, and NHL Conference logos are registered trade-marks of MLSE and/or the National Hockey League. All NHL member club logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted on this Web site are the property of the respective NHL member clubs. All other logos and trademarks on this site are property of TNTDomains/TMLForum.com unless otherwise noted. Any advertising revenue or donations received by TMLForum.com go directly towards the costs of running this website and it is not intended as a for-profit venture.

Terms of Service and the Code Of Conduct

PageRank Checker

Contact Us

Go to top of page
Go to top of page